Looking for Beta Readers
This is an autobiography of a man trying to find his place in the world. That world is the Kingdom of Willis, where Wizards are regulated, elves are under siege, Gnomes and Dwarves have locked themselves away, and an undying tyrant is feared by all.
Cut off from the rest of the realm, Ziggy was raised by a tribe of now-barbaric gnomes and knows that King Vern is responsible for his tribe’s isolation. When it’s time to leave his only home, he enters a a new world, and finds himself ill-prepared.
What I need In a Beta Reader
- Someone who likes Fantasy
- Someone who can provide *constructive* criticism
- Someone with the time to read a 400 page book
Types of Feedback I Need
- Identify boring sections
- Identify continuity breaks
- Identify what “doesn’t make sense”
- Identify bad spelling or grammar
- Identify uneven sections
- Identify what works- Interesting, exciting, amusing, etc
- Identify “infodumps’ (sections where I give too much detail)
Types of Feedback I don’t Need
- “Yeah it’s nice.”
- “Sorry, it sucks.”
- “Your book is Satanic and you’re going to hell.”
- “It needs more sexy vampires and werewolves.”
If you’re interested in reading it, leave a comment below or drop me a note at TheRise@ziggyswift.com.