Finding a Hobby
So Jackie’s been sitting at home with Ian for 4 months now and is incredibly bored. All she every does is read. I suggested a hobby, but she doesn’t really have any (except scrapbooking, which is expensive)- So what I want to do is get some ideas from all the people who read my site. Here are the base rules:
- cheap- no more than $25 start up cost and that must last 3 weeks.
- work from home- Jackie doesn’t have a car during the day
- Not computer-related
- Space limited- it’s a small apartment, so Float-building is out.
- baby friendly- Ian is still a factor since she’s home with him all day:
- baby safe (no toxic fumes, molten metal, etc)
- drop/pickup easily (Ian gets hungry/poops often and unpredictably)
I’m sure there’s more little rules, but those are good enough for now- Here’s what I’ve thought of:
- Wood figurines
- Plaster figurines
- Soap figurines
- small statues
- play with electronics (we have a 100 in 1 electronic experiments board)
- Learn to sing
- Learn Keyboard (have one)
- Learn Bass (have one)
- relearn clarinet (she has one)
- making puppets/muppets/marionettes
- find a work-at-home clerical/dataentry/paperpusher job (what she’s currently looking for)
Any suggestions guys? I really need some help with this one.