Stemming the flow of evincible Ignorance. We must try to understand for the sake of understanding.
oh, Lotus Notes, how I hate thee. you make me happy that the place I’m working
at is replacing you with exchange. wait, I’m happy to use a microsoft product? why yes, lotus notes is really that bad- It’s a festering piece of crap.
Here’a s brief breakdown of why I hate lotus notes:
- Written in java, but not cross platform
- Closed source (Hello, IBM? I thought you liked open source!)
- Can’t search doesn’t clearly paginate, or show what page you’re currently on when you have a lot of emails
- can’t select multiple messages to mark them as read
- super slow, written in java
- Dependent on windows client for certain features (accepting calendar invitations, syncing my blackberry, etc.)
- no right click to mark a message as read
- java applets for controls
- no close button when viewing an email to get back to the inbox
reply button is not “automatic”- you have to use the menu
- not certified to work with this browser(firefox).
- no timestamp on WHEN emails came in, just dates.
- Where is the Forward button in the main screen? you have to open an email to forward it.
- crashes firefox while doing research for this article while I had 16 tabs open.
- crashes on calendar app
- crashes on rich text
I’m sure I’ll find more reasons- as I identify them, I’ll add them below.
This entry was posted by Jesse Morgan on November 16, 2005 at 4:09 pm, and is filed under Uncategorized. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.